The annual Flavours of Mudgee Street Festival will return to the centre of Mudgee this Saturday, September 24.
Now in its fifth year, the Mid-Western Regional Council event continues to be one of the highlights of the annual Mudgee Wine and Food Festival.
Seventy local wine, beer and food producers will showcase their products in Market and Church Street from 4pm.
Local band Free Fried Chicken will entertain the thousands of visitors expected at this year’s event.
Watch out for the solar powered lady bugs roving through the crowd.
Exclusive Flavours of Mudgee tasting glasses and tasting tokens are available only at the event.A Flavours of Mudgee wine glass and five tasting tokens are available for $10.
Standard glasses of wine are available for $5 and bottles will be available at cellar door prices. Only unopened bottles may be taken from the event.
Market Street (between Perry and Lewis Streets) and Church Street (between Short and Mortimer Streets) will be closed from 12pm this Saturday, September 24, for the Flavours of Mudgee Street Festival.
Drivers are asked to remove their vehicles from the event area by noon to allow stallholders to set up.
The road is expected to be reopened at 10pm on Saturday.
The Mudgee Wine and Food Festival continues throughout the Mudgee region on the weekend. For booking details contact Mudgee Region Tourism or the venue. This weekend’s event include:
- Distillery Immersion Tours and Tasting at Baker Williams Distiller (Friday 4-5.30pm. Sunday, 10am-11.30am);
- Wine by Candlelight at Short Sheep Micro-Winery (Friday, 6.30-8.30pm);
- Fire and Spice – dinner around the fire pits on the Lowe Wines terrace (Friday, 6-9pm);
- Explore Hill End Tours (Friday, Saturday and Sunday),
- Vintage & Retro “Pop Up” at Northey’s of Hill End Store, (Saturday and Sunday);
- Sunset Sipping at Moothi Estate Cellar Door (Saturday, 5-7pm);
- Shiraz Bar at Walter Wines Cellar Door (Saturday 10.30am-5.30pm);
- Sunday Sessions at Bunnamagoo with easy listening music on the lawn (Sunday, from 1pm);
- Pizza & Tunes at Burnbrae (Sunday, 12-4pm);
- Wine and cheese Discovery at Short Sheep (Sunday, 10am-5pm);
- Bald Hills Mine Tour, Hill End (Saturday & Sunday, 1.30-2.15pm);
- BBQ Lunch with Black Rose, Farmers Daughter Wines (Sunday, 12-5pm).