There is so much to see and do for youngsters at this year’s field days that parents certainly won’t hear the dreaded phrase “I’m bored”.
Here is a small selection:
- A Discovery Stamp Hunt where you collect a “passport” from the information stand then explore the site, answer questions and collect stamps. Hand your passport in when complete to receive a reward.
- Visit the Ten Dollar Circus and have your face painted, try walking with stilts or juggling workshops.
- Find out where poisonous snakes and fantastic reptiles live, what they eat and how to be safe around them.
- Have fun fishing on the dam with NSW Fisheries.
- Meet a wombat or brush tail possum. Learn how to care for your chooks. See Shetlands and heavy horses. Visit Bob and his 40 year old donkey, Benny, and Araluen the trick Pony.
- Visit the animal nursery and get hands on with lots of your favourite babies.
- Learn about police trail bikes and meet the Mounted Police.
- Meet World Champion axeman David Foster.
- There’s a tribal themed fashion parade.
- Find out why to use a worm farm, what types of worms to use and what to feed your worm farm.
- Meet Paddy the Platypus the SES mascot, learn about the SES, find out what’s in an emergency kit and try the ring toss competition.
- Learn about our native bees and how to provide habitat for them in your backyard.
- See the amazingly talented whip cracking kids.
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following businesses. Click the links to learn more: