Is there anything more enjoyable, on a long weekend, than a long, leisurely breakfast where you can sit back, relax, read the paper and enjoy some delicious food?
Drop in to a great cafe, or set yourself up in a beautiful park with the family and while away time until breakfast time becomes lunchtime.
And, if you need any further excuse to brunch, Nutrition Australia reminds us that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.
It kick starts the metabolism and provides us with the energy to keep us going throughout the day.
The art of a leisurely breakfast:
1. Find the perfect spot. Cafe, or park. Depends on how you want to enjoy your morning - being served or out in a beautiful spring morning.
Check out your options, will you being wanting an adult breakfast in a quieter location or are you looking forward to taking the whole family out for a healthy kick start to the day?
Will your four-legged friends be joining you?
2. Ordering. Some mornings you want what is familiar (smashed avo) and other days you want to live a little and try something which is out of your comfort zone, something you haven't tasted before.
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following businesses. Click the links to learn more:
3. Pace yourselves. The joy of a leisurely breakfast is not having to rush.
In fact, you know you've had a great breakfast when you find yourself still sitting in the same spot at lunchtime!
So, feel free to order a breakfast meal (a big breakfast and juice), have a chat or read the papers, then order a coffee and sweet.
4. Connect with friends and family. Laugh a little, listen a little, tell a tale or two, and take the time to reconnect with family, friends or your billy lids.
We live in a fast-paced world and every now and then it is good to restore your soul by checking in with those who make your life really special.
Leisurely breakfasts on a long weekend are the perfect time to go micro or macro.
Discuss what is going on the world for those you are dining with (micro) or take the opportunity to dream big and discuss future plans over one or two coffees (macro).
5. Pay it forward and share the experience. If you stumble across the perfect location for your relaxing breakfast - don't keep it to yourself, share it with the world.
Let people know about the perfect picnic spot - and where you got the best pastries, bread or coffee.
Take snaps of the ideal cafe and the wonderful food they presented.
Facebook your experience, and fill out a review on TripAdvisor.
The businesses and regions will certainly appreciate you taking the time to let people know how hard they are working, and it feels good to spread the joy.