A SEVERE thunderstorm warning has been issued for large parts of the Central West.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours, the NSW Bureau of Meteorology warning states.
Locations which may be affected: Bathurst, Orange, Mudgee, Lithgow, Dubbo, Katoomba, Wollongong, Nowra, Bowral and Goulburn.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill
- Unplug computers and appliances
- Avoid using the phone during the storm
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the NSW SES on 132 500.