Sculptures in the Garden (SIG) has announced the winners of the acquisition prizes which are funded by money raised from Sculptures in the Garden sales, Mid-Western Regional Council, Friends of SIG, Moolarben and The Sculptors Society.
The winning acquisitions will form part of Mid-Western Regional Council’s public art collection.
- $15,000 Sculptures in the Garden and Mid-Western Regional Council Acquisition – ’Gathering’ by Simon Pankhurst
- $10,000 Friends of Sculptures in the Garden Acquisition Prize - ‘Town’ by Paul Bacon
- $5,000 Moolarben Acquisition Prize – ‘Turbulent’ by Tobias Bennett.
- $500 People’s Choice Award- ‘Wild One’ by Sam Anderson
- $300 The Sculptors Society Sensory Sculpture Prize – ‘Reef” by Dóra Á. Rögnvaldsdóttir
Now in its seventh year, the event was once again a huge success, with over 2,000 visitors during the weekend and record sales of almost $200,000.
SIG was opened by renown sculptor Paul Selwood and there were over 250 sculptures by 80 different artists displayed creatively around the Rosby garden.
Funds raised by the $5 gate entry and food sales went to the Mudgee Support Group for Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.