The Mudgee District Junior Cricket Association's presentation day marked the end of the 2018/19 season with awards handed out to recognise the achievements of not only the players, but teams for their dedication and enthusiasm.
For the under 11s, it was Virgo Security who took the win, while Byrnes Jewellers were the runners up.
The award for batting average went to Sonny Magro, batting aggregate to Angus Guilfoyle, bowling average to Charlie Gallen, bowling aggregate to Cooper Azar.
Meanwhile for the under 13s, Mudgee Storage Sheds came out on top, while On Trac Ag were next in line.
Harrison Cluff was awarded for batting average, while Hamish Lynn received the award for batting aggregate, Callan Martin claimed bowling average, and Reuben Cavanagh took out bowling aggregate.
Read more | Mudgee dirtbike riders take on Dubbo competition
As for the under 15s, Greg Toole Construction were the winners, while Mudgee Toyota were runners up.
The award for batting average went to Cooper Martin, batting aggregate to Ollie Hollow, bowling average to Pierson Sibley, and bowling aggregate to Nathan Palmer.
As for the representative teams, for the under 12s, Baden Lewis took out the award for batting average, while Hamish Lynn was awarded for batting aggregate, Toby Forrester claimed the award for bowling average, and Jacob Blanchard received the award for bowling aggregate.
For the under 14s representative side, it was Ollie Hollow who claimed the award for batting average, Dom Lynn claimed the award for batting aggregate, Connor Whale took out the award for bowling average, while Cooper Martin received the award for bowling aggregate.
The under 16s representative awards went to Finn Myers for battling average, Lochie Endacott for batting aggregate, Oscar Mahon for bowling average, and Shubham Sharma for bowling aggregate.
Meanwhile, for the other awards, it was Connor Whale who took out the Brian Gooley Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cricket.
Connor was the recipient of the Brian Gooley Award for a number of reasons which include but are not limited to,
- having been involved with the Mudgee District Junior Cricket Association for the last eight seasons
- was selected in and captain of the Mudgee under 12s and 14s representative teams
- this season was selected for the Mitchell Cricket Council under 14s team and on his debut took 5/11 against Lachlan in Cowra
- was the leading wicket taker in that competition which resulted in his selection for the Kookaburra Cup Western Zone under 14s team which played in the NSW Country Titles in Albury
- was selected as the reserve bowler for the combined Western/Riverina team to play in the NSW State Challenge Carnival in Dubbo
The 2018/19 season recipient of the Rhodes Brothers Award for Contribution to Local Junior Cricket was Dion Hollow for his constant assistance with junior cricketers to help develop their confidence on the field.
Finally, Cooper Azar, Reuben Cavanagh and Oscar Mahon were awarded for hat tricks.