The Rylstone Celebration of Aviation will return for a second year on Saturday, May 18, for what is growing into one of Australia's biggest aviation social events.
In 2018 the inaugural event was held when the Rylstone Airpark expanded their annual open day barbecue fly-in, which was originally to give plane owners an opportunity to get out and go for an hour's flight. It was made "bigger and better" and the Celebration of Aviation was born - it's name chosen as a reminder of the enjoyment of flying to anyone turned off by factors such as mounting bureaucracy.
The second installment is set to wow crowds with an exciting line up aviation aerobatics, remote controlled demonstrations, joy flights, and vintage aircraft. Around 200 aircraft will be in attendance in conjunction with market stalls, live entertainment and guest speakers including aviation icons; Dick Smith AC, Richard De Crespigny, Michael Smith, Shelley Ross and Catherine Fitzsimmons.
Founder of the Rylstone Airpark, Robert Loneragan, said, "this event showcases the extent of the spirit of the aviation community. We warmly welcome aviation enthusiasts from far and wide to join us for the day on May 18".
RYLSTONE CELEBRATION OF AVIATION:
(8am-6pm, Saturday, May 18, 2019, Rylstone Airpark, 213 Coxs Creek Road, Rylstone)
- 11am - Richard De Crespigny, Resilience presentation;
- 11.30am - Michael Smith, Adventure Flying presentation;
- 12.30pm - Dick Smith AC, Spirit of Adventure presentation;
- 1pm - Dick Smith Official Opening of Skyfuel Facilitates;
- 1.30pm - Aerobatics, The Air Show Company;
- 3pm - Catherine Fitzsimmons and Shelley Ross, Flying the Outback presentation;
- 4pm - Bush Rock Band, live music entertainment;
- 5pm - Remote controlled demonstration.
Free entry. More information at www.rylstoneaerodrome.com.au