It all came down to brother against brother in the 2017 SPS NSW Under 25 Singles Championships, with a nail-bitting match between two Gulgong locals.
Club Dubbo held a massive three days of bowls recently, kicking off with the NSW Junior 7-a-side Championships.
120 of NSW’s best junior bowlers descended on the club for a chance to compete, along with officials, parents and spectators from 16 competitive zones across the state.
For Gulgong, it meant a tight match between Jordan and Lachlan Thompson, with both brothers battling for bragging rights at the family dinner table.
In the end, it was the younger brother Lachlan who claimed victory, with the final score marked down as 21-16 and Jordan left disappointed.
Outside of their ‘family feud’ however, Lachlan also helped his fours team to a 5th place finish, one ahead of Jordan’s in 6th.
Gulgong also had a third representative at the event, Kye Blake, who helped his team to a 13th place finish at the tournament.
2017 Junior Inter-Zone 7-a-side Winners
- Gold: Sydney South West (Zone 12)
- Silver: Sydney North West (Zone 10)
- Gold: Jono Davis (Zone 12)
- Silver: Jayden Gebbie (Zone 16)
- Bronze: Andrew Watkins (Zone 10)
- Gold: Michael Phillips & Jordan Peisley (Zone 10)
- Silver: Leigh Brown & Tyron Pennell (Zone 4)
- Bronze: Josh Lord & Zac Corr-Johnson (Zone 12)
- Gold: Zach Nicholls, Brendan Stokes, Connor Freeman & Lachlan Freeman (Zone 2)
- Silver: Jarrad Crane, Brandon Willmette, Zac Hanley & James Burton (Zone 15)
- Bronze: Jessica Smith, Corey Hedges, Briana Smith & Gray Hemmington (Zone 12)