Rylstone Local Court briefs for September 7, 2018

A man charged with calling and threatening to “blow up” the Rylstone hospital, has been sentenced to 12 months imprisonment with a non-parole period of nine months.

Christie Jene Jade Norris, aged 37, of Winbourne Street, Mudgee – formerly Kandos – was charged with ‘Use carriage service to make hoax threat’.

On the evening of Wednesday, August 16, 2017, Norris and his partner were making phone calls to the Rylstone Multi Purpose Service requesting pain medication - Norris having been recently injured in an accident.

Staff told them that they couldn’t supply him with medication that he would need to contact his GP.

At 7.39pm Norris rang again and said, “just letting youse know I am coming out there to blow up you and your f***ing patients up”.

The victim – who knew who it was – hung up, wrote down the details of the call including the phone number, and called the police.

The hospital needed to be placed in lock-down. At the time 19 patients and residents were present, all of which were elderly.

When questioned by police, Norris admitted “yeah I said that, if I could walk I would go down there and flog them”.

They noted he had severely swollen ankles and appeared to be intoxicated.


Natasha Harvey, aged 27, of Lawson Street, Mudgee, was placed on a 12-month good behaviour bond and fined a total of $500, for multiple incidents.

On the evening of Saturday, November 25, 2017, she was charged with; assaulting and resisting police; remaining on inclosed land without permission; and offensive behaviour.

Harvey was asked to leave the party in Kandos - due to the way she was acting towards others there - and when she refused the police were called.

When officers arrived they heard her yell, “I’ll f***ing kill everyone, the coppas will have to stop me”. She was placed under arrest and began resisting, thrashing her legs, before attempting to bite them as she was being loaded into the police vehicle.

Harvey was charged with assault following a domestic incident on the evening of Saturday, May 5, 2018. She punched her then-partner three times in the face during an argument.

An Apprehended Domestic Violence Order was put in place following the incident, which she was charged with breaching soon after.

One of the conditions was that she not contact the protected person, however she sent him 26 text messages between then and the next evening.


Jamie Lee Jenkins, aged 31, of Fleming Street, Kandos, was fined $500 for a charge of not keeping firearms safely.

At 5pm on Thursday, May 24, 2018, police conducted an inspection of Jenkins’ firearms as part of his licence.

A rifle was found on a mattress, while the safe – that contained three more guns – was unlocked with the keys still in the door, which was also slightly ajar.

Jenkins told police this was a “mishap”.


Tayah Moffit, aged 30, of Buchanan Street, Kandos, was placed on good behaviour bonds for charges of ‘Use carriage service to threaten to kill’ and ‘Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm (domestic)’.

On Friday, June 29, 2018, Moffit sent a number of text messages to the victim of the incident threatening to kill them and a family member.

This multiplied to more than a hundred over the following days.

When police questioned Moffit she admitted to her actions and they noted that she showed no remorse.


Darren Phillip Norris, aged 46, of Angus Avenue, Kandos, was fined $300 and disqualified for three months for the charge ‘Drive vehicle illicit drug present in blood etc’.

He tested positive to cannabis when stopped by police for random breath and drug testing on the Lue Road at Rylstone, at about 11.50am on Thursday, May 24, 2018.

He told them, “I was around people that were smoking this morning, but I haven’t smoked anything for months”.