Mudgee Little Athletics will have a large number of athletes head to the State Championships in March, following a medal bonanza at the Region 3 Little Athletics Championships held at Barden Park in Dubbo earlier this month.
Gold and silver medalists in Under 9s and above progress to the state titles at Sydney Olympic Park, with a number of bronze medals also a chance of heading to Homebush depending on qualifying times.
"In my time it's the most we've had progress to the State Carnival," club president Kieren Bennetts said. "And there's the opportunity that more may make the cut if they're placed in the next best in the state - because they take 24 for each event. So fingers crossed.
"I think this has been building, the numbers at the club have remained fairly consistent throughout the last three years and a lot of the kids have been there through Tots and Under 7s and they've started progressing. And there's a lot of kids that have been putting a lot of extra effort in outside of Little As and results really show that as they progress."
Bennetts added that most of those headed to the the State Championships are set to compete at a high level.
"It's essentially the pinnacle of Little Athletics in NSW, only the 13s and 15s have the opportunity to progress to the Australian Little Athletics Championships in Hobart if their selected for NSW," he said.
[In alphabetical order]
- Alesha Bennetts (U/14) gold 100m, 200m, 400m, 200m hurdles, long jump and triple jump - 100m and 200m new regional records;
- Jorja Bennetts (U/12) gold 60m hurdles and triple jump;
- Mollie Blackman (U/12) silver shot put;
- William Buckley (U/12) gold 1500m Walk, bronze 1500m run;
- Archie Clulow (U/12) bronze 200m sprint;
- Emmerson Colley (U/9) silver shot put;
- Eliza English (U/12) gold 400m, silver long jump, bronze high jump and triple jump;
- Flynn English (U/14) gold high jump;
- Ziggy Gordon (U/8s) gold 400m, bronze 70m and 100m sprints;
- Rachel Marshall (U/12) silver 1500m;
- Ella Murnane (U/13) silver 1500m and 3km, bronze 800m;
- Jack Nicholas (U/13) silver javelin, bronze triple jump;
- Brooke Rayner (U/13) gold long jump, silver 200m, 400m, bronze 100m and triple jump;
- Darcey Rayner (U/11) gold 800m and 1500m, silver 400m;
- Elloise Richardson (U/11) silver high jump;
- Beau Rohr (U/13) gold 3km, silver 1500m and 800m;
- Byron Rosier (U/8) gold long jump, silver 100m, bronze 70m;
- Bede Smeallie (U/15) gold 400m and 800m, silver i200m and long jump, bronze 100m;
- Georgina Stanley (U/9) bronze 70m sprint;
- Ashton Taylor (U/8) bronze 400m and 700m;
- Nate Taylor (U/10) silver 1100m walk;
- Riley Taylor (U/12) silver 800m and 1500m;
- Ella Murnane, Brooke Rayner, Aaliyah Hawes, Alesha Bennetts (Senior) silver 4 x 100m relay.