Group 10 is facing the "real possibility" its season may be impacted by the coronavirus after a slew of major sporting events were cancelled or announced to go ahead without crowds across the country.
Three cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Orange on Friday morning.
The NBA and several European leagues have postponed their seasons, and the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne was cancelled on Friday morning at the same time as Cricket Australia announced its three-match series with New Zealand would be played in empty stadiums.
The NRL season-opener went ahead with crowds on Thursday night, but Group 10 president Linore Zamparini said NSW Rugby League would be meeting on Friday to give advice to regional and metropolitan governing bodies despite a statement on Thursday saying events would proceed as planned.
"We'll be guided by their recommendations and follow their guidelines," Mr Zamparini said.
"It's a full contact sport with sweat and bodies colliding, and it's quite concerning.
"The safety of players and spectators is paramount."
At this stage the annual pre-season knockout in Bathurst, which begins on Friday night and features all eight Group 10 clubs, will go ahead, while the Woodbridge Cup-run Western Challenge will continue in Canowindra over the weekend.
Mr Zamparini said "it's a real possibility" the start of the Group 10 season, which has been scheduled for April 10, may be moved or played without crowds depending on advice from the sport's governing body.
Four Western Rams sides are expected to head to Wollongong this weekend for Andrew Johns and Laurie Daley Cup games, as well as the women's and under 23s side.
Woodbridge Cup president Andrew Pull confirmed the Western Challenge would go ahead on Sunday but said the league would "do what it had to do" if NSW Rugby League recommended play be suspended.
It's a full contact sport with sweat and bodies colliding, and it's quite concerning.Group 10 president Linore Zamparini
"I haven't had clubs express any concern or had any negative feedback at this stage," Mr Pull said.
The Woodbridge Cup is scheduled to begin on April 4.
Central West Rugby Union CEO Matt Tink said Rugby Australia had sent hygiene guidelines out to leagues and clubs, but no decisions had been made about changing the season's start date.
A statement on Rugby Australia urged the league to follow government instruction around COVID-19.
"Rugby Australia strongly recommends that member unions, associations, clubs and participants follow the advice issued by of the Australian Government and any additional advice that is issued by their State or Territory Governments."
Rugby Australia is expected to send more updates in coming days.